And together we learn

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Blessing day

What a beautiful day!! Perfect from start to finish. Sammy was (of course) happy and smiley and peaceful. Steve gave him a beautiful blessing, and it was so wonderful to have so many of our favorite people there with us.

Everyone came for dinner after--there ended up being over 30 people!! About 15 more than I was expecting--fortunately I always make waaay more food than necessary, so there was plenty for everyone.

Hannah asked the other day how I can throw parties with a newborn and 3 other crazy kids. Answer?? What you don't see here is the big picture. Sure, I can throw impromptu parties left and right, but I sure don't blog about the state of my laundry room!! Or the disorganized everything in my house, the weeds in the garden, the scrapbooks that I've never done...this list could go on and on for miles. So I do get some things done really well, but at the expense of other, equally valuable things.

But anyway, here are some pictures of my precious little Samuel on his perfect blessing day.


Labels: ,

4 comment(s):

:-)

And I will repeat myself yet again by telling you that that is one gorgeous baby.

I've never experienced a baby with that temperament. Must be genetically impossible. Glad you got one, though!

By Blogger Hannah, at 2:57 PM  

LOVE those pictures! Sam's eye's are incredible...and I love Calvin's smile in the other picture. You sure do throw a good party - and you are amazing! Weeds are insignificant compared to all the amazing things you do pull off!

By Blogger Emily, at 10:25 PM  

*Doh* I really do know how to spell "eyes"...um...it's really late....

By Blogger Emily, at 10:26 PM  

Incredible pictures , wish I was feeling well enough to join in your Blessing, but I was present in Spirit, Its wonderful to see Calvin so happy . Miss you all see you soon Shada

By Blogger Shada, at 8:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home