And together we learn

Friday, August 15, 2008

Another food post

We had yet another dinner with kids cleaning their plates and clamoring for more. Since this is a rarity for me--enthusiastic thumbs up from every member of the family-- I thought I post it so I'll at least remember to make it again.

Biggest plus? It was so fast, so easy, and very very yummy.

Mango Chicken Curry

* 1 chopped onion
* 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned (I didn't have this, but it would have been great, I'm sure
* 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into thin strips (I used a leftover bit of rotisserie chicken and tossed it in at the end)
* 1 tablespoon curry powder
* 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
* 1 clove minced garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (left this out. They're kids, after all)
* 1 cup chopped peeled mango (I used 2 mangos)
* 1 can coconut milk
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* Hot cooked rice

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the chicken, curry, ginger, garlic, salt and cayenne. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in the mango, coconut milk and tomato paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with rice if desired.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home