And together we learn

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Miracle

Today was a miracle. Plain and simple, the Lord is so aware of ME and is so merciful. I'm so overwhelmed by my blessings.

I haven't been able to stop throwing up. Over and over and over, relentless. It was 11 in the morning, none of the kids were dressed, and they had been watching tv straight since early morning. I couldn't function. As I was finishing up in the bathroom yet again, the kids ran and told me someone was at the door. Hair disheveled, eyes streaming, looking a complete disaster, I came to the door.

My dear neighbor stood there, looking a little bewildered as I burst into tears.

"I was driving by and had the feeling that you needed me. What can I do?"

I just sobbed as she dressed my girls and took them home with her. She told me she'd keep them all day, happily.

Not 2 minutes after she left, the doorbell rang again and there stood my sweet sister Stephanie. She hugged me, cried with me, and bundled Calvin off for a few hours of McDonald's and playtime with her. I slept, ate something that stayed down for a few hours, and prayed.

Can you believe the tender mercies of the Lord? I hadn't even been praying for help--I was too miserable, but He sends blessings that I don't even ask for. I know Steve was praying for me, though. It's so humbling to know that my needs are known.

Labels: ,

3 comment(s):

Wow, Becca! You truly are blessed. How awful (the constant throwing up) and yet how wonderful (His visible mercies toward you).

By Blogger Hannah, at 7:43 PM  

I have to say I am sitting here crying! This is just beautiful! What a powerful reminder that God sees the little sparrows; He dresses the lilies of the field so how much more will he care for us!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 11:21 AM  

Wow, it's so nice to know that you're being looked over. Bravo to those who were in tune with the Spirit when you needed them! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 10:29 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home