And together we learn

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Only in Utah...

For anyone who's LDS, this picture will need no introduction, and the irony will be immediately apparent once you realize that this is a LUXURY home neighborhood. Right.



If you're not LDS, let me do some quick explaining. In the Book of Mormon, there is a prophet/king named King Benjamin. He taught, quite strongly I might add, on caring for the poor, service, and especially giving freely of what God has blessed you with to those less fortunate. Now I'm sure the lovely homes are peopled with philanthropists and do-gooders a plenty, but the irony of naming your LUXURY home community after a PROPHET who preached selfless giving is just priceless to me. Only only ONLY in UTAH!!!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I've driven past that sign! You're right, it is ironic! :O

By Blogger Suzanne, at 11:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home