And together we learn

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

YIPPEEEEEE!!

Guess what???

Steve is HOME. Not home for 24 hours before he flies out again, not home preparing for his next trip, just home. Home for good until the end of January!!!!! When we got home from the airport this afternoon the biggest feeling of peace washed over me. We made it through another semester! He has worked so so hard and now he'll get a much deserved rest. And I'll say it--I've worked hard also. I'm so happy right now I just keep grinning. I feel like this huge burden has been lifted from my shoulders, and now I'm free. I can leave the house ALONE now!

Ok, I'm sorry for the excessive use of exclamation marks. But really, if there's ever an occasion that warrants it, this is it.

The semesters are brutal, but this winter break, and then the summers are what keep us going.

We had a family meeting tonight to decide all the wonderful things we're going to do in the next few weeks. Christmas can begin now.

I got my girls these Christmas dolls--aren't they cute?




I was showing them to Steve while the girls were playing, but they wanted to see the screen so I shut it quickly. They persisted, then Steve told them that if they looked they would be getting brooms and dustpans so they could clean all day long.

Hazel's reaction? "Hooray! I've always wanted my own cleaning things!"

Hmmm, better rethink that shopping list!

Hazel went with Steve on this last trip to New York. Since it was just a fast trip, we figured she was old enough, and sure enough, she did great. They left Steve's employee at the sale and took off to enjoy New York together. They watched the ice skaters in Rockefeller Square and saw the big Christmas tree.



Then she got to sit on Santa's lap (why do they always ask for really really different things each time they talk about Christmas? Would a little consistency be such a bad thing?)

But isn't this just an idyllic father/daughter moment? Then they went to the American Girl store and browsed around. I hope that memories like these will just cement themselves in her mind. How wonderful for her to feel so special to her Daddy.

Tomorrow morning, first thing, I'm going shopping, and I'm going alone!!!!!

Labels: ,

5 comment(s):

Any time Hazel wants to come over and visit she can practise cleaning at my house. And heck, she can even have her own dustpan to do it.

Glad to hear your family's all together for the festive season and through January.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:38 PM  

horray for alone time. Enjoy your shoppong trip.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:16 AM  

So glad to hear that you are together for the holidays and more! Have a great time shopping and being ALONE! :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

How exciting that he's home for so long! I am getting some hubby time too. He took this entire week off work and he's done with school, finally! (He graduates on Saturday.) So I know that feeling of wanting to use lots of exclamations!!! :D

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:29 AM  

What are these dolls called? Do you have a link? They are CUTE!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:52 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home