And together we learn

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Junkies from birth

Calvin has all kinds of new skills. No bowhunting or nunchuck skills as yet, but he does know how to move a chair and climb up it. This has really put a cramp on my normal laissez-faire kitchen standards. Especially after he found the steak knives! Flylady, here I come!

But I know that I am truly in trouble after this evening. At Mom's house for dinner, having a glorious time, I noticed that Calvin was suspiciously quiet. And as we all know, that can only mean one thing. Trouble. He had pulled a chair up to the counter, found an open can of Diet Coke and was joyously engrossed in it. But he didn't just stop with the can. No, my 15 month old child poured it into a cup to get his caffeine fix! Oh yes, we are big on the manners around here! Not so much on the spotless counters, perhaps, but at least the child is a refined one.

3 comment(s):

I discovered your blog...too funny! I hear you on the climbing toddler thing...I have tried flylady here I come...and would prefer she come here. Does she do housecalls?

By Blogger mama, at 11:53 AM  

it oocurs to me the world might not recognize me by the generally applicable title "mama"

hi becca this is britt

By Blogger mama, at 1:31 PM  

Hmm, maybe you can turn this to your advantage soon and train him to get YOU drinks :)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 3:01 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home