And together we learn

Saturday, December 16, 2006

So let it be written, so let it be done

It's funny the difference a couple of years can make in your perspective. Me, I look at a calendar and all I can see is the unrelenting march towards The Big Day next week. Never enough time to do everything the way I want to. Too many parties, dishes to cook, projects to do with my babies, last minute things to buy, the list goes on and on.

Rewind just a few short years, and the feeling is so reversed. Rather than wishing for more time, oh, the anticipation is excruciating! I took Hazel shopping with me today (note to self: the mall on the Saturday before Christmas just might not be the best place to go for 'just a quick minute'). On the way home, we were talking about how many days until Christmas. She decided she'd had enough of the whole waiting game, and announced, "I'm done waiting! Christas is now TODAY!!"

If I had my all powerful abilities, I'd roll the clock back a couple of weeks to give me MORE time.

4 comment(s):

I'm with ya! I have this list floating around in my head - only one more week.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 PM  

I have only 4 more days to get things done. We leave for seattle Friday for christmas and come home on christmas eve! Good luck. Gotta love the kids! LOL

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 8:53 AM  

Funny! Perspective is a funny thing isn't it? We too leave town on Friday, this week is going to be a mad dash to get everything done. So why am I at the computer.....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:47 AM  

Me too! I need a couple more weeks. I still have jammies to sew, cards to write and candy to make! Maybe our Christmas miracle will be that everything gets done on time! ;)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 1:33 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home