And together we learn

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Welcome home!

In just a few short minutes I leave for the airport to pick up my belovedest of husbands. Hooray! This last trip has been too long--2 1/2 weeks. He'll be home for two whole nights, so he doesn't have to leave until Monday morning. I'll take him whenever I can get him.

He only travels like this from September through December, then February through May. So I get him full time during Christmas and summer. I really can't complain...but I do, far too often. But he's coming home, so we are rejoicing around here! The girls have been sing-song chanting "Daddy come home" all morning, until I think my ears just might fall off.

Soup's in the crockpot, yogurt is doing whatever yogurt does when it's sitting there (incubating? thickening?) and bread is ready to pop in the oven. Dessert, well, good old Marie Callendar's is giving us a hand with that one, but that's ok by me. It's actually cheaper to buy a frozen berry pie than to make one from scratch, if you have to buy the bags of frozen berries like I do. Economy rules on this one.

We won't have time for a date, but we will get to go to church together. It's SOOOO much nicer with another adult to help corral them during Sacrament Meeting. And he always takes the baby for me during the third hour so I can play the piano. I'm so glad he's coming home!

When we're apart for too long, things start to get all weird. It's HARD to be apart for big chunks of time. I have gained such appreciation for single moms, and women who's husbands are deployed. That must be so very hard. Makes this two week at a time thing look like a piece of cake!

Welcome home, darling.

6 comment(s):

Becca,

so nice to hear that your hubby is coming home! And nice to hear that you are all so excited!! Have a really wonderful time with him. Your dinner sounds really nice, I haven't figured out the bread-making thing...even with a bread maker it doesn't come out!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Jenny in Ca

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 8:35 PM  

Oh, I'm so glad you got him back, even if only for a few days. Sometimes that's enough to rejuvenate the heart for the next round, isn't it? It's hard when they travel, even when we get them for longer periods in between. Zorak was gone 3/4 of August and September, and although I tried to be supportive and encouraging, I whined a bit when I blogged. I don't think anybody really minds - it's nice to know others love and miss their beloved husbands, too. :-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 10:57 PM  

Thanks, Jenny and Dy. I love that phrase--rejuvenate the heart. That's what it's all about, isn't it? Drawing strength from where we can to prepare us for the next round.

By Blogger Becca, at 9:29 PM  

Oh Wink Wink."rejuvenation of the heart" that is what they call it now?? More Winks....

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 AM  

Oh btw this is the husband

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 AM  

You're cracking me up, hon!

By Blogger Becca, at 7:55 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home