And together we learn

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Therapy

My girls started a co-op art class today. I belong to a fabulous homeschool group where we take turns teaching little classes on whatever we want. They ususally run 6-8 weeks per topic, and the ages are from about 4-7. We've had ocean life, gardening, health, and I taught drama last spring. We're having so much fun, and I've met some simply wonderful moms. So Hazel and Chloe had this little class and I had two whole hours with just the baby. Plus, this lady lives right next to a ginormous, huge, every store you can imagine kind of shopping center.

I was just crying to Steve the other day about how hard it is to run those miscellaneous errands with three kids in tow. Whenever we leave the house, just 2 errands and we're running into a meal out, which I try not to do too often. And it's just darn near impossible to go into more than 3 places at a time with children 4, 3, and 1. And I'm certainly not going to waste babysitter money on errand running. So instead I complain and feel isolated and frustrated!

But then, this gorgeous opportunity presents itself. Two hours away, only one child (who doesn't have the ability to complain yet), and major shopping nearby. BLISS! Add to that that several of my favorite co-op friends PLUS Sarah, and I was in heaven. Sarah, by the way, is one of those eternal friends who is always, unfailingly, wonderful. And she really really needs to get a blog.

We hit Old Navy, Wild Oats, and the Children's Place. And now I need all of your help. They have the most beautiful Christmas dresses there, and I need to choose. So everyone weigh in with your preferences.



They come in both little and big girl sizes, and there are matching boy things. How can I resist?

5 comment(s):

Although I'd vote for the white dress I reckon the red one would hide more kiddy spills!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 11:20 PM  

Oh, Becca, you are so nice. It was fun. We've never gone shopping together, have we? Sort of felt like "let's go to the mall" sort of teenage behavior (except my pregnancy-addled brain--what was with my parking issues?--and our little ones in tow--). Lots of fun. I vote for the white. I secretly wish that I lived oh-back-lots-of-years to when women wore white summer dresses a la Anne of Green Gables. But the comment about kiddy spills is a good one! I think I might just go for the white one anyway...just take the photos before they get worn in "real life".

By Blogger Sarah, at 1:19 PM  

Ok, the response has been unanimous. The white one it is! And I'll be sure to take pictures before they wear them anywhere.

By Blogger Becca, at 10:03 PM  

I'm voting late, but I like the white dress!

Jenny in Ca

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 8:41 PM  

Ohhh, those are so lovely! I love the white one. Is it washable, or dry-clean only? That would probably be my deciding factor. Since the delightful invention of OxyClean, white doesn't scare me anymore! LOL!

We have a 3-errand limit here, too. Anything beyond that requires a trek back to the house to recover.

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 11:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home