And together we learn

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Oh, that baby!!!

I went over to my neighbor's house. Took the kids, of course. Their basement is ALL toys. All over. Of every description. Fabulous! A safe place to let Calvin and his 21 pounds of destructive power loose while we talk.

30 SECONDS later, he comes toddling out from a dark dusty corner of the basement, going 'eh eh eh' and holding out his hands. His hands, that are stuck in a mouse glue trap.

Oy vey. Trust Calvin to instantly find the one thing he can't get into. In a room filled with toys, no less!

Well, beloved internet, I am off to New Orleans for a few days. Steve is there, and so I'm going to meet him and help with one of his sales. Fun, yes, but I am taking the baby, so it won't be the bliss it could be otherwise. So wish me luck on taking this kid on the plane, and I'll be back, hopefully with pictures.

I'm intrigued at the thought of New Orleans. I guess it's the rubbernecking attitude--I want to see how bad it is! But since I've never been there before I'll have nothing to compare it with.

8 comment(s):

OOOh have a ton o'fun in New Orleans! Come home safe (c:

My oldest daughter was like that your little guy. She always found that ONE thing that she wasn't suppose to have. You know, the cold medication that was on the TOP of a dresser hutch that I could barely reach that she somehow got her hands on and ate resulting in a trip to the ER and the drinking of that lovely liquid black chalk.

Anyway, have a good trip!

By Blogger sisterscooby, at 2:32 PM  

Have fun... Oh, wait I guess it won't be the same atmosphere it once was. I'm sure it will be interesting.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

Enjoy your trip!! =)

And I have to say, we have the basement full of toys - but my kids still find things they shouldnt' have mixed in and I think, how did that I get here? Must have walked down the stairs while I was sleeping LOL!

By Blogger Brandie, at 9:39 PM  

Well at least he was not screeching his head off after being stuck in a mouse trap. That's one calm little kid. I would have been sobbing.

Have a fab time in New Orleans!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 11:49 PM  

Oh, poor little guy. How'd you get it off w/o hurting his little fingers? (After I tried to "rescue" a mouse from one of those things when I was a little one, I've always been terrorized by them - how bad was it to get it off?)

Have a safe and wonderful trip!
Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 1:31 AM  

I had to pull his little hands hard to get it off, then spent LOTS of time scrubbing them to get that horrid sticky stuff off. It never really came off, so he was sticking to everything he touched for a couple of hours. Eventually the residue kind of worked itself off. Gross! At least there wasn't a mouse on it, though!

By Blogger Becca, at 4:19 AM  

ohhhh, so it was one of the glue traps, not the snap ones! Which of course, you wrote in your original post, I just didn't pay attention (hey, I was at work and not supposed to be reading at all...)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 5:52 AM  

Have fun on your trip, good luck with the airplane ride. Did that once (almost 7 years ago) with a 1 1/2 year old. The next day I went into labor with my twins. Actually not related, but it makes a great story!

Thanks for visiting my blog, it is nice to "meet" you. Don't be watching any scary movies now! :)

By Blogger Amanda, at 10:38 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home