And together we learn

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Which came first, the bacon or the pig?

Conversation with my 3 year old while making dinner:

Me: I'm going to cook a little bacon to sprinkle on top of our soup.

Chloe: Mmmmm, bacon. How do we get bacon?

Me: It's from pigs.

Chloe: Oh, so the pigs go and get all the ingredients and make some bacon powder and that's how we get it?

Me: No, the pigs ARE the ingredient.

It never quite sunk in. She's still happy believing in porcine kitchens where happy porkers are slaving over their recipe books. Oh well, real life will catch up with her soon enough.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

That reminds me of my sister refusing Grandma's custard because "Mum makes real custard, and it comes in a carton!"

By Blogger theotherbear, at 12:19 AM  

When I finally made that connection I became a vegetarian. I love the way children imagine things in their minds. How adorable.

By Blogger Jenn, at 3:14 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home