And together we learn

Monday, January 29, 2007

Recipes...kind of

I'm more than happy to post recipes...problem is, I don't really have them. You know, pinch of something here, adjust to taste? But hey, I'll give it a shot!

Dal
1 bag yellow split peas. I think it's about 2 cups. Lentils would work also.

I cleaned them off, then covered them with water and simmered for about 45 minutes or so. Lentils would be quicker. Then I added about an inch piece of ginger all mashed up with about 4 cloves of garlic in a paste. Then for the spices. Hmmmm.

1/2 t turmeric
3/4 ish t ground cumin
1/2 t garam masala
1/2-3/4 t curry powder
cayenne would be nice, but I kept this one mild
3 or 4 chicken bouillon cubes

1 can (or maybe less) coconut milk

I simmered all of this for a while until it was all nice and soupy and soft. The spices I listed are my best guess as to amounts. But they sure turned out delicious!

Labels:

1 comment(s):

I will definately give this a try - thanks! I will wait till the hot weather cools down a bit to cook this but it looks easy enough for me even!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 8:48 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home