And together we learn

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wow. It's been a right long time. Sorry, dear internet. I've discovered a few things about myself. If I can't do something perfectly, or at least well, I'm paralyzed by inactivity. Since I haven't had enough time to do a blog post that does justice to Christmas, New Years, and everything in between, I've just not done anything. Then the longer the break becomes, the harder it is, because there is so much more to tell.

My kids' rooms are the same as the day we moved in, because I don't know where to start decorating them. The kitchen pantry intimidates me with the disorder. So I do nothing. At least now I can recognize what this hyper-perfectionism is, so I can start to do something about it. As Flylady would say, Housework (or blogging) done incorrectly still blesses your family.

So anyway. My life! My family! So much has happened. Christmas was wonderful and joyful and everything Christmas with three sweet babies can be.




But far and away the very best part of the season was getting my sweet sister home. She's been a missionary for the last 18 months, and she came home on the 28th. After 18 months of just writing letters, it was so so wonderful to hug her and have her HOME!!! She hadn't met Calvin or my little niece Jane--they were both born just a few weeks after she left. Now they're walking, talking (kind of) little people. Here she is, hugging my little girls. Darling Steph, she is so sweet and I've missed her like crazy.



I'm the one is brown, my sister Andrea, is in green, and Steph is on the right. She's wearing jeans for the first time in 18 months!!


And since Steph came home, a person with no job, who loves our kids desperately and is responsible was available to watch them while Steve and I came to .......Cancun!!!!!!!!

So right now, yes, I'm blogging from our gorgeous hotel just 40 feet away from the most pristine white sand beach, with water as warm and gentle as a pool. It's 85 degrees and so absolutely gorgeous I can't believe it.



And what's most amazing, Steve and I are here ALONE!!! After six years of marriage, this is the first time we've gone anywhere without the kids. And can I just say, that sleeping all night long is pretty wonderful??? This chance to reconnect after so many months of him traveling has been rejuvenating for our marriage. We're enjoying every moment.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow.

There. That wasn't so hard. I'm so glad I'm back to dabbling in the blogging world. I've missed this outlet. So I apologize for the absence, and I'll do my best to get over this horrible perfectionism.

8 comment(s):

Welcome back :)

What a gorgeous place you are staying at, a holiday with just hubby in that location sounds like just the ticket!

I'm so glad you've been having a fab few months and just busy with fun stuff, that is a good reason to stop blogging for a while.

Gee your girls look like you!

By Blogger theotherbear, at 9:14 PM  

I think that's the first photo I have seen of you - you are so pretty! I'm so happy for you that you are on a vacation! How fun! I've missed you!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM  

You're in Cancun and you're taking the time to blog!?! You're a better woman than I am!

I sounds like you had a great Christmas and that's fun that that your sister is home!

Have so much fun on your vacation!!! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:17 AM  

You and you're sisters are all so pretty! I really mean that.

And you went to Cancun and didnt tell me! Oh I envy you! You have lots of fun girl. Soak it up! and then tell us all about it!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 8:30 AM  

Hi, there, Becca. Thanks for the kind, and very welcome comment! I can't wait to read more of your blog, especially after seeing that one of your interests is home birth. That really picqued my interest.
Vida

By Blogger Vida, at 5:56 PM  

Becca-What a great blessing to have your sister home and to have time with your husband. It is so easy to stop blogging when you stop for a few days. I hope you are enjoying vacation. Oh how I wish to sleep uninterupted until the sun shines!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 AM  

Thank you everyone!!! THIS is why I blog. Thank you for the encouragement and the good wishes.

By Blogger Becca, at 9:26 AM  

Oh my goodness, what wonderful, wonderful blessings you've had in '07! I love the photo of you and your sisters. It makes me think of the future, when the boys and Em will get together, and my prayer is that they are as glad to be together as you three are now. :-)

You did bless us by blogging and sharing. And it was perfect, as in being just what we needed in the middle of the post-holiday blahs. ;-) Thank you.

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 3:38 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home