And together we learn

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

He got into what????

It's 5 degrees outside. High today of about 14 degrees. At least we're not dealing with the ice storms that some people are. Here, it's just plain cold.

It's funny how quickly we fall back into the routine of Mom-ness. Even after that blissful vacation, a couple of hours home and it's business as usual. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love business as usual.

Last night we had some friends over for dinner who we haven't seen in about 4 years. They have a little girl with some ...quirky... tastebuds. When she was playing at our house years ago, she mentioned how she loved to drink pickle juice. Steve, being the ever obliging man that he is, whipped her up a quick drink and she had 2 cups of the stuff. So last night, in the spirit of reminiscing, we were talking about it. Sure enough, she begged for a glass. No one but Steve would ever actually give a child pickle juice to drink, but as he puts it, "Why limit their experiences based on our prejudices?" So, to all our great disgust, she drank a great big glass of fluorescent green juice. Eeewww!!!

We had Sunday dinner at my mom's the other night. It was my brother's birthday dinner. Their darling little girl is just three weeks younger than Calvin, and the two of them are so adorable as they chase and toddle around together.


As we were all sitting around chatting after dinner, I idly wondered where Calvin was. Surely he's in the other room with all the kids, right? Note to self: idly wondering where Calvin is = bad idea. When he was not in the other room, we went on a Calvin hunt. And oh, we found him!




Cat food, cat water, and yes, cat litter. Holy. Cow.

Labels:

7 comment(s):

Oh yuck!!! Had the cat litter been recently changed? That is just terrible!

By Blogger Mrs. Darling, at 9:51 AM  

Glad to see you back from vacation. Hope you are still feeling rested. It is a good thing we don't have an animal because I can guarantee our little eating machine would have found it interesting. Cute story.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

OH, my! Dying laughing over here, over fond memories of my little brother. He found a little more water than your little one, and managed to mix his own cement! My Dad and stepmom never did figure out how to remove it, and believe me, they tried.

By Blogger Vida, at 12:22 PM  

I can't figure out how to spell a good barfing noise. How gross is that! The pickle juice is bad enough. Kitty litter.
Ewwwww!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:57 PM  

LOL! You never know what kids are gonna do! I've never heard about a kid liking pickle juice. That is very unique! I'm glad you're all settled back into the routine of life, but it must be hard to be in the cold after Cancun! :)

By Blogger Suzanne, at 2:52 PM  

eeeeewwwww!!!

It's funny because it happened to you not me ;)

By Blogger theotherbear, at 4:49 PM  

OH MY GOODNESS!!! ROFLOL! Oh, poor little guy! yuck.

Might want to try the pickle juice sometime. It's really not bad. I can't handle it in large quantities, but as a child, mmm mmm good! The boys like it, too. Of course, we also save the liquid from the stuffed green olives and the soak boiled eggs in it. The boys love that, too. (That one, I can't bring myself to partake of. But then, they don't need to know it makes me queasy, right?)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 9:43 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home