And together we learn

Monday, January 29, 2007

Indian arms race

I come from a family of overachievers. Especially when it comes to food. If somebody wants Italian food, well, here comes an Italian feast that would make the Godfather swoon. Chinese? The woks are out in full force. My brother says that my mom and sisters and I are the food equivalent of the nuclear arms race. Mother is Reagan, my sister is Kruschev, and the proliferation begins.

"I'll see your homemade egg rolls and raise you hand rolled chocolates!"

So, there is always PLENTY of food, to say the least.

Yesterday, we celebrated the birthdays of two of my sisters, and the dinner theme was an Indian feast. We love Indian food. It's one of our favorites, and we're pretty dang good at it. So, we went all out. Chicken Tikka Masala, Coconut Korma, Pork Vindaloo, the best lentils I've made yet, naan bread, raita, tamarind chutney, mint chutney, mango chutney, mango lassis--oh. my. heavens.

As far as I'm concerned, let the arms race continue!!

Labels: ,

4 comment(s):

I've never tried Indian food, but it sure sounds and looks delicious! And that's an arms race I could seriously get into... My poor husband has gained twenty pounds since we married; he just can't resist seconds. :)

By Blogger Vida, at 11:22 AM  

We may be wacky, but man, do we eat well! The stinky brother may complain about all the nuclear weapons we produce, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be happy with just an AK 47 or two...bring on the cold war! Ask Becca for her lentil recipe..it is fabulous! Can I have it btw?

By Blogger Jevan, at 2:02 PM  

That sounds really yummy - I agree, post some recipes for us :) Pretty please?

By Blogger theotherbear, at 4:06 PM  

Where do I get your indian food recipes??? That sounds like such a fun change.

Mary Jane

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home