And together we learn

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Oh. My. Laundry!

So the laundryness of my life has been kind of working me over lately. Mrs. Darling, if you're reading this, please please don't think too badly of me!!! But I CANNOT keep up with this! For one thing, Calvin the rampaging 14 mo old delights in piles of things. He thinks there's nothing better than to pick up items and fling them, very quickly, everywhere. So whenever HE is around, there isn't much folding going on. And let's face it, the kid is very much always present.

Then comes the next reason for my (gulp) seven loads of unfolded laundry. ME! I procrastinate it! I hate hate folding laundry, especially when there's an alluring little laptop with its seductive internet just waiting for me. So really, the Calvin is just the justification, and I am the real reason. As usual.

So today I decided I had enough, and I'm tackling the laundry monster. Yes, Calvin has wreaked some major havoc. But if I can fold faster than he can fling, I'm a little ahead, right?? And that is why high chairs and marshmallows were both invented, I think. To keep mischievous little fingers busy for just a few minutes.

4 comment(s):

Exciting times, aren't they? :) The laundry and a preoccupation with little children's digestive systems. Those are our days, but happily so!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:54 AM  

I purposely keep my clean laundry on the couch so that looking at it will drive me crazy and I will fold it. If I put it in a place where I can't see it, it will stay there for days!

Happy folding!

By Blogger Randi, at 8:40 PM  

you are not the only one...I hate folding laundry. Actually it's not the folding, that is kind of soothing, it's the time it takes to actually fold and put it all away. I feel like I am wasting time somehow. I keep it on the couch too, so I will have to deal with it...

Jenny in CA

By Blogger Hen Jen, at 8:37 PM  

Oh, Becca, I can relate. Completely. I never thought I would have so much WASH to do. In my life BC, I could go two weeks w/o doing the wash and get it all done in an afternoon. I didn't know how good I had it! LOL! If I went two weeks now, well, we'd all be naked and cold, but I'd never ever get caught up. It's amazing.

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 8:15 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home