And together we learn

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Look!!!

Look what I got today!!!! 40, yes that's right FORTY teeny tiny baby chicks. After all, what's the point of moving to a house with a whole acre if you're not going to use it any way? So after months of talking about it, I actually and really truly went and bought forty tiny chickies. Aren't they adorable??



The kids are in heaven with them. They don't want to leave their fluffy little sides.



Sammy is a VERY big fan. He's getting quite frustrated with the mean big people who won't let him grab those fun little chirping toys. Doesn't stop him from trying, though.



So much fun!

6 comment(s):

How cute!!

By Blogger Karies place, at 3:42 AM  

Brings back fond memories.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:29 PM  

So are you planning on having a coop & all that? If you need any advice my sister has had chickens for two summers now - she only has 4 since it is just her and her husband but they just love them. One thing for sure is to hold them while they are chicks a lot - this will help make sure they are nice to kids as they get bigger. How fun for you guys!!!!

By Blogger Michelle, at 9:31 PM  

I love all the pictures..especially the one with sammy. Jane LOVED the chickens and keeps saying how badly she wants to come feed them again. I showed Jevan the pictures and and his snarky response was..."Man, I wish I could get 40 chicks in a pool with me." Ha ha, Jevan. Wow. Where did we get him from?

By Blogger Emily, at 8:57 PM  

What a nice blog you have here. Just stumbled here and well we did this last year and my boys learned so much about chickens and such. We didn't keep them so this year I thought we could do it again so I can have fresh eggs. Can you imagine fresh eggs from chickens that you know what they ate?

Did you kids "claim and name" any yet? Of course with 40 it would be hard to keep track.

Vanessa

By Blogger Vanessa, at 8:14 AM  

Great question! Have they each selected or set aside a chick? I will wait eagerly for news until the chickens lay their first eggs! This is so delighful. Please report often!

By Anonymous Ama, at 7:56 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home