And together we learn

Friday, October 26, 2007

A red letter day

Something momentous occured around here tonight. Are you ready for this???


I made dinner. Actual, real dinner involving chopping an onion, using the stove, a protein, vegetable side dishes (VEGETABLES, people! This is huge!) and a table set with real dishes and cutlery. And that's not all. It gets better. I picked vegetables, a watermelon and herbs from my garden to make said dinner. The garden that I haven't set foot in for 7 long weeks.

And there's more. I cleaned up after dinner including wiping the counters and sweeping the floor.

I'm cautiously, hopefully, wondrously starting to FEEL BETTER!!!!!!!

Labels:

4 comment(s):

Yippee for you! Yippee for you! Yippee for you!

Another less-momentous but anyway-it's-news bit of red letter day is that I actually posted to my blog...for the first time in 3? weeks. Yippee for me.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

You pushed yourself! Thats worth a Yippee right there! You can do that everyday and then celebrate everyday!
Why not?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:57 PM  

Glad to hear you're feeling better. And that you actually did vegetables! I still need to do better at that and I'm not even pregnant.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:27 PM  

Isn't it amazing how things feel so "new" to us when we haven't been able to do them for a while? I'm really glad you are feeling better. I'll bet Steve enjoyed it, too! :-)

Dy

By Blogger Dy, at 6:48 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home